Wednesday 17 January 2018

Pops of colour

I've done quite a bit of mixing monochromatic with pops of colour for this weeks inspiration at Outlawz Sketch

I've been practising colouring flowers with my Copics again :)
Once coloured I cut the image out with a Spellbinders die.  To take the sharp white off the edges I distressed it with Black Soot ink from Tim Holtz.

Here's our sketch for this week

I actually used a compass to draw out the two larger circles behind the image in red and black card, then hand cut them.  This was the first time I've done this and I'm impressed I didn't mess it up LOL!  It give the image a beautiful framed effect.

I've used some more black and red card and one design paper from Dovecraft.  The design paper was also distressed with Tim Holtz black soot ink.

I've left off the extra embellishments this week to showcase the image for you.  All I've added are a few red gems and some rhine stones.

Hope you like my inspiration for this weeks and we see you at the challenge
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Die Cut Divas - Do or Use Something New
Scrapping4Fun - Anything Goes
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Frame It
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Lots of Layers
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Paper Creator - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes



11 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful sketch and awesome interpretation! This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Frame It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Sherri said...

Beautiful card & fabulous coloring! Wow! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Majda said...

What a sweet card - the image is adorable.
I realy love your card!
Thank you for joining the Scrapping4fun.
Majda DT

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful. I'm a sucker for Poppies. Can I just ask please what paper you printed the digi image off onto as you have used copics to colour with? Thanks. hugs Mrs A.

AndreaNorris said...

I've used card from Craftwork Cards Mrs A x

meg said...

Beautiful layout and presentation of the poppies, thank you for joining in at Paper Creator

Priya said...

This is beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us at Scrapping4fun Challenges.
Priya-DT

Dorothy S said...

What pretty poppies - and a stunning layout to display them! Thanks for joining us this week at the QKR Stampede Anything Goes challenge.
Dorothy S, DT member

Cara said...

Fabulous colouring. Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Brawny x said...

A really lovely card. Fab x

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)