Friday 6 January 2017

Fairy Faye



I was trying out my new pencils my hubby got me for Christmas - I was happy with the image but the I couldn't find any design papers in my stash to go with it that didn't drown the image out! Eventually I found something :D
Once I'd coloured the image I cut it out with a Spellbinders die and  distressed the edges with Shaded Lilac in from Tim Holtz.

It's been mounted onto some design paper from Our Daily Bread cut with a Spellbinders die.

The shaped card is covered with some deep blue design card stock.  On top of this I've used design papers from Docrafts and First Edition.  The First Edition paper has also had the edges treated with Shaded Lilac ink.

Both design papers were distressed before mounting onto the card.

The image went on next and over the top of this some card stock cut with a Joy Crafts mushroom die.  I also used the Shaded Lilac ink of the edges of this.

My final embellishments were some butterflies from Scrapienic and some blue and pearl gems

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Moving Along with the Times - Something In the Air
Lets Craft & Create - Things with Wings
Scrapping4Fun - Bright Colours
Craft Rocket - Something New (new image, new pencils)
Crafty Gals Corner - Use Something New (new image, new pencils)
Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
My Time to Craft - Something New
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes


11 comments:

Scrappin Sue said...

Looks awesome
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Huny said...

I was drawn to the image on the challenge page of Crafty Gals thinking it was a single layer, full size image over the scale size of the card - WOW I thought that was new! Now I've visited the page, I can see the complete card - wonderful. But you have stirred something in me now, to try and create and card, single layer full scale image.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful card Andrea
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://Scrapping4funChallenges.blogspot.com

Wendy L said...

Beautiful, I love it, thanks for joining us at MAWTT xxxx

Annemi said...

Wonderful card and I love your coloring. http://systeryster-annemi.blogspot.se/

Zoe Tant said...

What a pretty card Andrea. Perfect for my challenge at MAWTT thanks for joining us. Zx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Andrea... Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge with your gorgeous card. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back for our next challenge. Happy New Year.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

chanya13 said...

This card is lovely and perfect for our challenge! Sweet image. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun Challenges. Hugs Agnieszka

Andreja said...

WoW, what a stunning card you made :-))
Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping4Fun. Hugs, Andreja

Rae Ann said...

Love the embellishments you used for this. The butterflies and die are perfect for this image.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card, beautifully coloured and designed. Thanks for playing along with Let's Craft and Create.
Hugs Agnieszka DT