Sunday 11 October 2015

Lucy's on Fire

So here I am playing around with colour again.  This amazing image from Unky at The East Wind is Lucy Loo Close Up.  I wanted to try my hand at red hair again and this is the result.  A fabulous firey mane of red hair with and orangey sheen!

I'm afraid to say I went with my old faithful ProMarkers here, I've also used a black polychroms pencil for a bit of extra shading and  a white gel pen for the highlight in the eye.

The background was also produced with ProMarkers.  I definitely needed to keep her as the focus so I've mounted her onto black and orange card stock to bring out the colour.

The two design papers are from Lili of the Valley and UHK Gallery.

The only embellishment I've added are some small orange neon enamel dots.

Oh and the eye is probably the best I've done so far :D
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Robyn's Fetish - Use Lots of Orange
Gem of a Challenge - Use Spots & or Stripes
Passion For ProMarkers - Spots and/or Stripes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes / Twist of Black
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes



9 comments:

Sue said...

WOW! I love this! Such a fabulous image, stunning colouring and your CAS design is wonderful.
Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
Sue xx

The Crafty Den said...

Fantastic card Andrea. I love your fab image and your colouring is amazing. Great colour scheme and layout. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donna said...

Stunning card Andrea, her hair looks amazing and the black and orange mat compliment her prfectly! Thanks for sharing your card and entering at Passion for Promarkers this week! :) x ♥ Donna ♥ x

Katrina Bufton said...

Wow, I am in awe of your colouring, this looks amazing. Thank you for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge,
Katrina (GDT) x

Amy Cohen said...

Red hot- for sure. You totally rocked the hair. Thank for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
Amy-DT

Helen said...

A very striking card - love your colouring.

Thanks for joining us at the Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, A Gem of a Challenge and Create & Inspire.

Helen x
(DT member)

Lynne aka Her Craftiness said...

Beautiful card - love your colouring!!! Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire!!!! Good Luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Create and Inspire DT

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! I love this image! Your colouring is beautiful!
Thanks for playing at Card Mania Challenge.
Ileanaxx

scrapfantazje said...

Great card!
Thanks for joining us at the Card Mania Challenge!
Marzena DT