Tuesday 28 July 2015

Cooking up a little something special

I started working on this one when I was away on holiday in the Lake District a couple of weeks ago.  The canvas has been covered with a large piece of lace from The Ribbon Girl and then I've used some modelling paste and Tim Holtz's bubble stencil.
I usually do wedding stuff in reds but decided to do something in pink for a change.  Here you can see I've added some pink mixed acrylic paint in a couple of shades.

Next I added a mixture of flowers cascading down the card, starting with large ones and getting smaller towards the bottom.  All the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, Live & Love Crafts and The Ribbon Girl.

This is another angle so you can see the 3-D effect.


I bought some Prima Shabby chic resin embellishments a while ago from Live & Love Crafts and used the middle one from this set.


The dress I've made was glued and sewn onto the mannequin.  I started off using some white tulle, over the top of this I added a small piece of lace for the top of the dress.  The bottom is made out of a piece of ribbon which looks like it's got large flower petals on it.  Once I'd sewn this onto the tulle I added some vintage seam binding the make up the bodice of the rest of the dress.

After doing all that I looped and tied some pink rose buds into the lace in the bottom of the dress.

Here's a view from another angle so.

The dress was then mounted onto the canvas.  While I was waiting for all this to set/dry I made a tiny bouquet of flowers in pink roses and tied some pink satin ribbon to it.

The image I've used here is from All Dressed Up wedding collection by Wendy Burns.  Here's the link to the Etsy shop and the Facebook Group.  There's a link on the Facebook Group which has the whole wedding collection to download for free.

I've coloured the image with ProMarkers, then cut it out with a Spellbinders die.


The final thing I've added to my canvas is a brass key with some pink satin ribbon looped through it.


This is my first attempt at doing anything like sewing a miniature dress so it probably took me a lot longer than it should - LOL

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this mixed media canvas into the following challenges
Anything but a Card - Anything Goes
That Craft Place - Words
The Corrosive Challenge - To Die For
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Left of Centre - Use Texture
Crafty Card Makers and More - Anything but a Card
Papertake Weekly - Take Your Pick (Lace)
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

A stunning work of art Andrea, if you lived closer I'd buy this for my son's wedding....they are getting married in Las Vegas instead of here at home in australia, so can't go to it...but this is super gorgeous.xx

Lizzy Love said...

WOW I cant believe its your first time stitching a miniature dress, wouldn't have guessed it. It all turned out beautifully! <3

CraftingMum said...

Wow how beautiful thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations. Louise DT x

Wendy said...

Andrea your card is outstanding...thank you for joining the "add some texture" challenge at Left of Center this week. Good luck! Wendy (DT)

TangledBlueRose said...

Fabulous texture, love it! The lace and stencil are so wonderful. Love the 'dress' you created. Thanks so much for playing at Left of Center!~kim

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks for that Annie, that's a lovely thing to say :) x

Papercraft By Carole said...

Wow - this is so pretty! I love all the detail - especially the way you made the mannequin! Thanks for joining us at CCM&M this time! Cxxx

crafty said...

A stunning canvas. Love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Mary

craftysahmiam said...

Something special, indeed ! SO many wonderful details and textures on your gorgeous wedding piece. The handmade dress on the mannequin is amazing ! Thank you for sharing it with us at Anything But A Card.

Carla's Cards said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing with Artistic Inspiration!

julie_woolston said...

Absolutely gorgeous fabulous detail.
Hugs Julie xxx

Travelling Colours said...

This is sooooo pretty! I love the individual pictures too of how you made this work!!! Well done! Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place! Hope you will join us again.

Unknown said...

So pretty, apologies for late comment but I just got back from my hols x
Thanky you for joining That Craft Place and we hope to see you again soon x