Monday 29 June 2015

Boyz

This is out mid way reminder for the current challenge at Oddball Art - Summer Fun - where does the time go?

Remember if you'd like to use Lizzy's images all the DT girls have discount codes which get you 10% off at checkout on Etsy.  My code is DTANDREA10 :)

Also Lizzy has just given away a free image on her Facebook page so if you join her group you could use this - if you can manage to make it fit in with the theme ;)

This image I've used for my inspiration for you is number 130.  I've coloured the image with ProMarkers, cut it out with a Spellbinders die then used some Tim Holtz distress in in Antique Linen.

I decided seen as this was a skate borders card I should do some grunge.  So I used some graffiti letters as inspiration and made the LOVE sign to go on my brick wall.  I coloured this with green ProMarkers.


I also added my logo sheep as a bit of graffiti grunge.  He's drawn with a biro then coloured with green ProMarker.  Both he and the LOVE graffiti were fussy cut then glued to the brick wall.


Ok onto the main card so you can see what I've done :)
The backing paper is from Lili of the Valley.  It's kind of a lacy one with a distressed painted frame.  Onto this I've sketched some clouds the coloured them and used some distress ink around the edge for the sky.

The brick wall framework was bought from Wild Orchid Crafts.  I've trimmed it to fit the card and then backed it with some paper from Tim Holtz.

So here you have my completed card.

We'd love to see you over at Oddball Art - you don't have to use one of Lizzy's images to enter but remember if you want any to use our discount codes.

Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything Goes
Create & Inspire - Anything Goes
Crafting with An Attitude - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes/Twist Oddball Art


4 comments:

Susan Renshaw said...

Thanks for all the details! It's a super card! Thanks for sharing with LOC!

Furrbster said...

Brilliant card!
Hugz Tinz

Cathy P said...

Love the feel of this card. Great design. Thanks for joining us at Lil' Patch Of Crafty Friends. Good luck! Cathy xx

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us over on the Creative Moments Challenge blog. Good Luck!!! Agnieszka DT