Friday 20 February 2015

Harlequin rose

I'm not quite sure what gave me the inspiration for this one.  I saw the image (Harlequinade) and decided I wanted to do a black and white image with a pop of red to try make an impact with the red.

I've used grey Copics to colour the image and red ProMarkers to do the red.

once I'd completed the colouring I toyed around with black, white and red papers for a while.  But I found they just took the impact away from the image.  So in the end I kept it as simple as I could (in my fashion).

The image is mounted on black card stock.  I've also used some black and white card stock for the background papers to keep in the theme.

I've added a few different sized red roses and a rose leaf from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The only other thing I've added are some grey self adhesive gems.

Bit different for me - but them I'm always experimenting.
Happy colouring :)
Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
Kraftin Kimmie - Wonderful Wednesday
Aurora Wings Facebook February Challenge - Everything's Coming up Roses


2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Great coloring and fabulous color combo! LOVE the pops of RED! Gorgeous card! xxD

Unknown said...

fab image! Love the pop of red! colour popping is so 'in' at the minute! thank you for joining us at Craft challenge! Irene DT xx