Tuesday 11 November 2014

Giant cracker!!


I tried to keep this one clean and simple so the red had an impact.  I've used red card stock and some snowflake embossed card to make this one up.  So no design papers on this one which is so not like me!

The stamp is James - Christmas Cracker.  Coloured with ProMarkers, I used the blending pen to fade out James's fur and the cracker towards the left as though the light is shining on him.

The red ribbon is from Lili of the Valley.  I hand tied a bow then wrapped and tied some red/white twine with a Christmas boot charm from Marianne Designs and attached it to the ribbon.

Final touches to this card (and having to restrain myself from adding loads of embellishments) are some red self adhesive gems and a sentiment from a Hobby Craft.

Had a hectic day so just chillin with a glass of wine while I blog this and unwind :)

Oh yeah and nearly forgot this bit - shows how tired I am, I'm going to enter this into the following challenges

Ribbon Girl - Make a Christmas Card
Crafty Catz - Ribbon and/or lace
Fantasy Stampers - Red Alert
Without Words - Preparing For Christmas
Papertake Weekly - 2 or 4 Legs
Christmas Cards All Year Round - No Patterned Paper

Andrea x


12 comments:

PaperDaisies said...

Love how you have showcased the sweet image. Love the colour palette. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Lisa xx said...

Always lovely to see a James image....this one is a sweetie

Thank you for joining in with the cuties xx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Nina :) x

AndreaNorris said...

I'm so glad I managed to buy him before he was retired. Thanks Lisa x

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Lisa, I"m just glad I managed to buy him before he was retired x

AndreaNorris said...

Thank you Sue x

Cindy said...

Oh, how cute. Love this card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy-DT

AndreaNorris said...

He is I adore him :) thanks Cindy x

My name is Cindy said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing at Fantasy Stampers! Cindy DT

JayBe said...

A gorgeous design - I love little James bear. Thanx for playing along with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Just adorable, love the sweet image, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie xx

AndreaNorris said...

Thanks Wendy :) x