Monday 8 September 2014

Bit of bling

Here's an example of the sort of birthday card my friend Julie asks me to make for her for her friends and family.  Julie has a certain style and loves a bit of bling, which I try to incorporate into the cards I make for her.

The papers are from Lili of the Valley and Raspberry Road Designs - Baskets and Bunnies, Father Knows Best and Lili of the Valley and NitWit Collections Solids - Always and Forever.

I've cut an oval out of some Tim Holtz paper with a Spellbinders die and hand cut two backing ovals of burgundy and black because the dies were too big to get the fine line I wanted.

The flowers are all pink roses from Wild Orchid Crafts, as are the leaves.

For this one I've double "ribboned" if there is such a word.  The pale pink organza is from Lili of the Valley Little Bags of Ribbon - Pink.  The cream one with black hearts is a Santoro Gorjuss one.

I hand cut the tag and added pink glitter letters from Hobbycraft.  Added to this is a silver butterfly charm AND I've actually managed to hand tie some pink organza ribbon to make a decent looking bow :)

The pink glitter sentiment is an Express Yourself topper.

Finally the jewel and enamelled figure and cat are from Diamanté Crafts.


As I was making this it occurred to me that it could be a good card to enter into The Ribbon Girl challenge - Add Ribbons so that's what I'm going to do.

Seeing Julie on Wednesday night with the two cards I've made her - she's already seen the pictures and loves them, hope you do too

Andrea x

No comments: